Bank Card and Cheque Fraud Solicitors in London
Updated on Monday 26th August 2019
Rate this article 3 reviewsbased on
Banking frauds are met on a daily basis everywhere in the world and are met, unfortunately, under different forms that challenge all experts in the field. Bank card and cheque frauds are probably the most encountered types of frauds in this area. Individuals who have been accused of such crimes must know they have the legal support of our bank card and cheque fraud solicitors in London. Immediate assistance throughout the entire proceedings can be offered by our criminal defence solicitors in London.
Short facts about bank card frauds
Bank card frauds refer to a fraudulent type of payments made with the help of false cards, in order to purchase varied goods by accessing unauthorized funds. In most cases, identity theft is used, meaning that fraudsters or hackers can use personal information for fraudulent purposes, whether made online or offline. In many cases, organized crime groups with international connections are involved in bank card frauds, among which several methods are used: card trapping, phishing and advance fee frauds, balance transfer checks, duplicate cards, skimming, and many more.
Persons who discover that their credit or debit cards have been stolen should ask for immediate help and report the situation to the bank they work with, and also to the police. It is highly necessary to ask for the legal support of bank card and cheque fraud solicitors in London who have a vast experience in this area and who can provide the needed assistance. The same thing is available for individuals accused of bank frauds in UK who must ask for the help of our criminal defence solicitors in London.
Cheque frauds in UK – What type of frauds are they?
Cheque frauds refer to the type of frauds where criminals use false cheques to access and withdraw funds which they are not entitled to. There are numerous cheque fraud methods, mentioning that in many cases, it takes time until the fraud is discovered:
- Embezzlement schemes involve the use of false documents and even employees to create false cheques.
- The Nigerian cheque scam involving persons who promise large sums of money in exchange for a small payment first.
- Bad cheque writing is the type of cheque which is written to a person or merchant, without permission – the goods are purchased with that cheque, hoping no one will notice.
- Corporate false cheques – bank employees who make payments with false credits for their personal benefit.
- Cheque washing – removing the written sum to replace it with a larger one.
How to protect yourself from bank card and cheque frauds
There is no specific recipe for avoiding these kinds of bank frauds, but the well-known protection methods like not accessing suspicious links on the internet, protect the personal devices and not offering personal information about your bank accounts on the internet to strangers or organizations that seem official. Victims of bank card and cheque frauds might not discover in time they have been fouled, yet, the first thing to do is to get in touch with the police and also with a criminal defence solicitor in London for immediate legal support.
How can a bank card and cheque fraud solicitor in London help you?
The experience in this field is extremely important in bank fraud cases and offenders accused or found guilty of such serious crimes are suggested to ask for the legal support of our bank card and cheque fraud solicitors in London. They can explain the rights in such situations and can develop the needed defence based on several verifications, evidence presentations and many more. Applying for bail might be the first step to consider by our criminal lawyers in London, who can sustain this step, particularly if consistent evidence does not sustain the case. Below you can find some interesting information, plus facts and figures about bank frauds in UK:
- some bank account owners registered loses of approximately GBP 500 million in the first 6 months of 2018 as a result of bank account frauds;
- around GBP 145 million have been linked to authorized push payments scams in UK in 2018;
- more than GBP 30 million lost through APP schemes have been returned to bank clients;
- approximately 3,866 cases of bank frauds have been reported to the police in the past year in UK.
Persons accused of bank card and cheque frauds are advised to contact our team of criminal defence solicitors in London and ask for immediate legal advice. Also, feel free to talk to one of our specialists if you are a victim of such crimes.