Bond Fraud Solicitors in London
Updated on Tuesday 03rd September 2019
Rate this article 3 reviewsbased on
Bond frauds can take many forms, but the result is the same: the loss of money. Bond fraud schemes involve overprices sales or type of bonds which are not registered yet are sold on the market. Such schemes can only make victims who lose huge amounts of money, in the case of investors, or any financial loss in the case of individuals without experience in the investment market. Our bond fraud solicitors in London are at your disposal with immediate legal advice if such accusations have been brought to you.
Bearer bonds – how does the mechanism work?
Bond frauds are often related to bearer bonds which are not registered, and therefore, there is no clue about the ownership or their sales. However, the value of bearer bonds is mentioned by the physical documents that also contain information about how such bonds can be converted. In most cases, bond fraud schemes involve the sale of bearer bonds to local or international investors, at a fraction of costs. After a period of time, victims discover that such bonds are worthless and cannot be redeemed. This means that money is lost and investors have nothing left to do but to report the fraud to the entitled authorities.
Investment bond frauds sold through boiler rooms
Boiler rooms are often used in investment bond frauds in UK, where brokers use manipulative methods to convince persons to purchase a different kind of shares or bonds without knowing they are worthless. Scammers present their offer in a very professional manner and use varied methods and tools to convince potential victims to buy bonds or make different investments in exchange for high returns with no risks. If you believe you have been scammed and you consider yourself a victim of bond frauds, we invite you to get in touch with one of our bond fraud solicitors in London and ask for immediate legal advice. The same thing is available for individuals accused of such crimes who must call our criminal defence lawyers in London and ask for legal assistance.
How can we protect ourselves against bond frauds?
In most of the cases, it is up to us to protect ourselves from different kind of investment frauds, even if we are not familiar with the business operations in this direction. For example, if someone offers you a one-time offer in terms of investment bonds, you should ask some questions and also tell yourself if it is the proper time to make such investments:
- It is important to ask details about the investment company that offers such money opportunities.
- It is recommended to avoid sending money or make investments without having documents and information about potential risks.
- Investment bonds promising huge returns might be appealing, however, it is recommended to pay attention to the scams that might arise, instead of delivering money from the beginning.
- You can also contact the police or make verifications on the internet if you are not convinced by the presented offer.
Are you a victim of investment bonds? Have you bought bearer bonds without any value? It is recommended to report your case to the police and to the Action Fraud Agency and talk to our bond fraud solicitors in London for instant legal advice. Such cases are extremely serious and many victims, unfortunately, do not detect in time they purchase false bonds and made investments without returns. The experience of our criminal solicitors in London will prove extremely helpful, particularly for persons who have no idea about such frauds.
Fraud statistics and figures for UK
The finance industry in UK is probably the most vulnerable sector when it comes to frauds and related crimes. However, the UK authorities and private entities invest large sums of money on a yearly basis in the financial sector for all sorts of security systems and technologies. The following numbers reveal information and facts about the fraud direction in UK:
- frauds worth approximately GBP 1.6 billion have been stopped by the UK authorities in 2018;
- unfortunately, frauds worth around GBP 1.2 billion have been recorded in UK last year;
- according to figures revealed by the Financial Conduct Authority in UK for 2018, investment bonds and cryptocurrencies are the most common types of frauds;
- approximately 6759 fraud cases worth around GBP 198 million have been reported in 2018.
If you have been accused of bond frauds in UK or if you are a victim of such crimes, we recommend you contact our team of criminal defence solicitors in London and ask for immediate legal advice and representation. The case can get complicated, but the support of our bond fraud solicitors in London can be crucial.