Domestic Violence Solicitor

Updated on Friday 05th November 2021

Domestic Violence Solicitor Image
The court of law in UK can issue injunctions in domestic abuse cases which are necessary orders meant to protect children or adults who have been victims of family violence. This is also known as a non-molestation order and the individual who received an injunction can be arrested and kept in police custody. If you find yourself in this situation, we recommend you ask for legal advice from our domestic violence solicitor. You have the legal right to defend yourself in a domestic abuse case, especially if you consider the charges were made without serious grounds.

What is the domestic violence disclosure scheme?

Individuals have the right to solicit information about the criminal record of another person or whether he/she has a violent past and troubles with the law. This type of information can be provided by the police and it is considered information disclosure. According to the domestic violence disclosure scheme, you have the right to ask and to know information about the violent past of a person, with the help of the police. On the other hand, if you have been a victim of another type of crime, you can discuss it with our fraud solicitors in London.

What is a DVPO?

DVPO or the domestic violence protection order offers immediate protection to victims of violence or domestic abuse. The victim of abuse is protected by a DVPO, a case where the offender cannot:
  • return to the home residence if the victim of abuse lives there;
  • contact the family member for at least 28 days until the case gets verified;
  • leave the country until further trials in his/her case;
  • get involved in other types of serious offences in UK.

Persons accused of domestic abuse in UK must talk to a domestic abuse solicitor and ask for complete legal support.

Report the domestic abuse, helped by a domestic abuse solicitor

Persons who are victims of domestic abuse need to know that they have the right to report the abuse and to go to the police. There are numerous organizations that help people fight against domestic violence. We remind that the police  treats the cases of domestic violence seriously, whether sexual or not, and it is strongly recommended to call the local authorities and ask for help. Many victims of violence do not have the courage to talk about the abuse cases in their families. Children and women are the most vulnerable in such cases, however, it is extremely important to ask for help and report domestic abuse as soon as possible. In this case, victims should go to the police or contact the authorities in order for them to act in a fast manner and to provide you protection.

Even a forced marriage is considered domestic abuse, therefore, if you have been involved in such a situation and if you receive bad treatments and threats, do not hesitate to contact the police. Also, you can consider asking for legal help and for a legal aid criminal solicitor in London who can explain the legislation and the regulations related to the domestic violence and the consequences. A threatening and inappropriate treatment which leads to violence enters the domestic abuse category and such actions are definitely against the law in UK. Also, it is good to know that there are many non-profit institutions that support the victims of domestic abuse and provide the necessary assistance in order for such persons to be protected. Let us remind you that our team of advisors is at the disposal of anyone involved in a domestic abuse case.

Who can apply for injunctions

Persons who deal with domestic violence should report the case to the police and ask for legal advice in this matter. On the other side, if you have been accused of domestic abuse and arrested, you have the right to solicit a domestic violence solicitor and defend yourself against such accusations. This way, you can avoid receiving an injunction in a case of domestic violence where charges have been made. Refugee persons or women who are victims of domestic abuse can address to the court of law and request an injunction applicable for offenders accused of a serious crime like this. It is good to know that if the situation requires, a person can receive an occupation order which contains details about who can live in the family home or near the house.

Please consider that legal advice is necessary when applying for an injunction for domestic abuse cases. Furthermore, persons accused of domestic abuse can ask our domestic abuse solicitor for legal counseling and representation in front of the authorities.

What happens if a person receives an injunction?

Injunctions can be received by persons accused of serious offences like domestic violence. Once such order has been imposed, the offender can be arrested and kept in police custody until the first hearing in this case. Individuals who received an injunction should ask for legal advice from our domestic abuse solicitor who can analyze the case and the evidence, in order to adopt a suitable and positive approach in the court of law, in front of the magistrates.

Can I receive legal aid for domestic abuse?

The cases in which women and/or children are victims of abuse are treated extremely serious by the authorities in UK. Sexual abuse, rape, threats, and domestic violence need to be reported to the police immediately, and if the victims cannot afford the costs of a solicitor, they can receive legal aid. The eligibility for legal aid depends on the financial situation of a person who is a victim of abuse. In most cases, a severe situation where children and defenceless mothers are involved can be eligible for legal aid in case of domestic violence or abuse. The seriousness of the case will depend on a large amount of consequences for authorities who need to decide on offering the legal aid. All the family matters, including the ones involving the financial and material aspects, are considered before the legal aid is issued. 

Child Abuse Protocol 2013

The legislation protecting the children is not only complex but highly important for the UK authorities. In this sense, the Child Abuse Protocol 2013 provides information about the criminal proceedings involving a case of child abuse. Here are a few aspects to know about the Child Abuse Protocol 2013:
  • sexual and non-sexual abuses of children are against the law and offenders accused of such crimes can go to jail;
  • life sentence is also issued in severe cases of sexual abuse with children;
  • the child abuse case is presented in the court of law in front of the authorities;
  • the Family Justice System is directly connected to the Family Court in UK, and the Crown Court Prosecution.
Comprehensive legal advice is recommended for family with children part of domestic abuse. Our team can properly deal with such cases and can prepare a solid defence and can represent such cases in the above-mentioned courts of law.

Choosing our abuse solicitor

If you have been accused of domestic abuse and retained by the police, it is important to know your rights while in custody. Our domestic abuse solicitors are at your service with complete legal assistance and information about the rights you have when questioned by the police. Among these, you have the right to remain silent and solicit legal advice before talking to the police or the prosecution. A domestic violence solicitor will have to analyze your case and if there isn’t enough evidence, he/she can prepare the grounds for you to solicit bail.

Please contact our team of abuse solicitors for a proper legal advice in cases of injunctions imposed by the court of law.