Domestic Violence Solicitors in London
Updated on Wednesday 17th April 2019
Rate this article 3 reviewsbased on
There are many cases of domestic abuse registered in UK and also situations in which women and children are victims of continuous violence without having the courage to report such offences. Our domestic violence solicitors in London are at the disposal of persons accused of domestic abuse in UK. On the other hand, victims of domestic abuse can talk to our criminal defence solicitors in London and ask for legal advice and representation as soon as possible.
Short facts about domestic violence cases
Domestic violence is often met in problematic families with alcoholic and abusive parents who act in a threatening and violent manner with children and mothers in most of the cases. Sexual abuse can also be part of a domestic violence case, and women are advised to report such acts to the police and even ask for a restraining order and complete legal advice and assistance. Domestic violence against children and women are probably the worse cases of abuse for which the legislation in UK stipulates a series of penalties and sentences. Our domestic violence solicitors in London are at your service if you are a victim of family abuse. Also, persons who are victims of sexual violence should seek immediate help and legal advice and first of all report the case to the police. Here are a few important steps to pay attention to when being part of a domestic violence case in UK:
- Victims of domestic violence can contact both the police and social services and ask for guidance and support in such a case.
- The authorities will act in the best interest of victims of violence and contact the social services in such cases.
- The legal support in this situation is mandatory and it can be offered by our domestic violence solicitors in London.
- Legal aid can be obtained by victims of domestic abuse under certain conditions.
Persons accused of domestic violence can face specific penalties, including sentence if sexual abuse or murder are involved, according to the Serious Crime Act 2015.
Can I receive legal aid for domestic violence cases?
Yes, you can receive legal aid and you can get in touch with our criminal defence solicitors in London and find out all the conditions involved in this matter. Abuse and domestic violence involving women and children are serious cases for which legal aid is offered by the Legal Aid Agency if the police testimony, information about the financial status plus details about the family issues are provided. Women and children are the most vulnerable persons when it comes to domestic violence and abuse, and if you cannot afford a lawyer to represent your case, you can address to our domestic violence solicitors in London and find out all you need to know about legal aid and the requirements to obtain such services. You can also ask for legal aid if you are about to lose your home due to family issues and domestic violence. Let our criminal solicitors in London tell you more about legal aid and your rights in this situation.
Legal advice offered by our domestic violence solicitors in London
A domestic violence case referring to sexual abuse, physical assault, violent conduct and anything like it should be reported to the police as soon as possible. The authorities, including social services, can take the case alongside your domestic abuse solicitor in London and act in the best interest of victims. For instance:
- A domestic violence protection order can be issued for offenders who have been accused and found guilty of domestic violence in London. This is the type of order or restriction meant to protect a victim of domestic abuse from the abuser if not found behind the bars;
- our team of domestic abuse lawyers in London have a vast experience in such cases and can explain your rights and further steps if the case is heard in the court of law;
- our domestic violence solicitors in London can also provide the needed legal advice for offenders accused of domestic abuse and can represent them in front of the authorities;
- the circumstances and the consequences in a domestic violence case will weigh much in front of the authorities who can determine whether the offender represents a public threat or he can be released from custody on bail.
However, victims of domestic violence should immediately report the abuse and their situation to the police and get in touch with a criminal solicitor in London who can offer the needed legal support.
We invite you to contact our team of domestic violence solicitors in London and ask for legal advice if you are a victim of abuse or if you are an individual accused of serious crimes like domestic violence.