Penalty Notice for Disorder

Updated on Saturday 12th November 2022

Rate this article
based on 2 reviews

Penalty Notice for Disorder Image
Offences like public disorder, shoplifting, possession of cannabis, drinking in public, property damage or graffiti can be penalized by the authorities in charge. A police officer can give penalty notice for disorder offences made by both adult individuals or minors. If you do not agree with such punishment or you want to appeal the penalty notice, it is recommended to ask for legal help from our criminal defence solicitors in London. Our team has a vast experience in varied offences and can offer complete legal support.

Who can receive a penalty notice?

A penalty notice can be received by teenagers under 18 or adults for varied reasons. For instance, one can be penalized by the police officer if he/she is caught having inappropriate behavior, such as:

•    drinking and smoking in public as a minor;
•    using graffiti;
•    disturbing public peace;
•    destroying a property;
•    shoplifting;
•    possessing cannabis.

All these mentioned above are minor offences an individual can be penalized for by the police. It is good to know that if you do not agree with the penalty notice given by a police officer once you got caught with bad behavior, you can be arrested and kept in custody for at least 24 hours. We remind you that if you received a penalty notice or you have been arrested by the police for minor offences, our defence solicitors in London can help with legal representation and advice in front of the authorities.

If you are facing accusations of drug crimes, we suggest you contact a specialist in the field. For example, our drug solicitors, with experience in this matter, can represent you before the authorities, even in police custody, if you have been arrested. Therefore, we recommend our legal services to be able to overcome these problems.

What happens if you receive a penalty notice for disorder?

Disorder offences are considered minor, but they can be punished in accordance with the rules and regulations in UK. Anyone can call the police if someone is disturbing the public order with varied inappropriate conduct, like drinking in public, using wrong and insulting language in front of others, or using racist or religious behaviors.

The police can give penalty notices for both minors and adults involved, which does not come with a criminal conviction. Persons who do not agree with a penalty notice for disorder can ask for a trial and contest the decision. In this matter, our defence solicitors in London can provide you with complete legal support in front of the authorities and at the hearing.

A criminal lawyer in London must know the grounds on which a person received a penalty notice, in order to gather evidence and information for a future case.

If you received a penalty notice and you do not agree with it, we invite you to contact our team of criminal defence solicitors in London for complete legal assistance and information.